Development Review Committee
Development Review Committee (DRC)The purpose of the DRC is to:
The final CHCA position to be rendered to the City of Philadelphia on all zoning matters will be decided by the Board unless it, or its Executive Committee, as directed by CHCA bylaws, authorizes the DRC to submit the CHCA position to the City.
- Serve as a forum to the Chestnut Hill community for public and private property-related interests and concerns as they pertain to zoning, planning, City-services, preservation, and environmental matters.
- Serve as the leader in performing community review of all proposed zoning matters requiring a review (variance, special exception, or zoning change) as referred by the City of Philadelphia to the Chestnut Hill Community Association. In this capacity, it conducts meetings as a Registered Community Organization (RCO), as required by City Zoning Code.
- Serve as the coordinating committee of Chestnut Hill RCO’s and relevant organizations, including the Chestnut Hill Conservancy, Chestnut Hill Business District, Friends of the Wissahickon, and 9th Republican Ward, as these organizations choose to participate.
- Serve as the public venue for all interested community members to listen, comment, and question on property-related matters.
- Make a report and recommendation to the Board of Directors of the CHCA (Board) as appropriate.
Chestnut Hill’s development review process welcomes applicants seeking informal review of development issues for compliance with Chestnut Hill design guidelines and formal Registered Community Organization (RCO) review of Licenses & Inspections Refusals and Special Exceptions that require Zoning Board of Adjustment hearings.
Information regarding the City of Philadelphia appeals process can be found here: https://www.phila.gov/li/Pages/Appeals.aspx
If you are notified by the Philadelphia City Planning Commission that your project requires review by RCOs in Chestnut Hill, please follow the City Zoning Code instructions regarding notification to RCOs and contact us to arrange your presentation. Information regarding the City of Philadelphia RCO notification process can be found here: https://www.phila.gov/rconotification/
View the 2022 DRC Review Process Schedule
The Chestnut Hill Development Review Committee (DRC) meets at 7:00 pm on the third Tuesday of each month at Chestnut Hill Hospital, 8835 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, 19118. To have the DRC review your project please contact us at least 10 days prior to this date to be placed on the meeting agenda. Click here for an application to begin the development review process: APPLICATION additionally we provide a check list of needed documents: CHECKLIST
The CHCA development review process provides opportunities for your application to be reviewed by professionals and community members alike, over the course of 3-5 regularly-scheduled meetings. These meetings include:LAND USE PLANNING ZONING (LUPZ) COMMITTEE HISTORIC DISTRICT ADVISORY COMMITTEE STREETSCAPE COMMITTEE
Learning more about Chestnut Hill's Development Review Process:
Development Review Committee
Land Use Planning and Zoning Committee
Historic District Advisory Committee
Fences and Zoning