10 Fun Things To Do In Chestnut Hill
Are you looking for fun things to do in Chestnut Hill? Look no further! Here are 10 ideas to help you make the most of your time in this vibrant and dynamic community.
Chestnut Hill Community Association’s Pastorius Park Summer Concert Series
Members of the Chestnut Hill Community Association
- Visit the Chestnut Hill Farmer’s Market: Held every Saturday 10am – 12am, the Chestnut Hill Farmers Market is a great place to shop for local produce, try dishes from local eateries, and meet your neighbors.
- Take a stroll through Morris Arboretum: This 92-acre public garden is a must-see for nature lovers, with a variety of beautiful gardens, sculptures, and special events throughout the year.
- Explore the Chestnut Hill Business District: Chestnut Hill is home to a diverse array of local businesses, including independent retailers, restaurants, and services. Take some time to explore the neighborhood and discover all it has to offer.
- Visit the Chestnut Hill Historical Society: This organization works to preserve and promote the history of Chestnut Hill, with a variety of exhibits and events throughout the year.
- Hike or bike the Wissahickon Valley Park: This amazing natural park is home to over 50 miles of trails, making it a great place to enjoy the outdoors.
- Attend a summer concert at Pastorius Park: Philadelphia’s longest outdoor concert series, the CHCA’s Pastorius Park Concert series showcases a diverse slate of artists, from classical music to rock and roll, in the summer months of June and July.
- Learn about the arts at the Woodmere Art Museum: This museum, housed in a 19th century stone mansion, features a variety of exhibits on Philadelphia-area artists, as well as special events and workshops. Woodmere is also home to Chestnut Hill Film Group’s weekly Tuesday Night at the Movies.
- Meet your neighbors and choose from a variety of comfort and international food at Chestnut Hill’s Market at the Fareway. Enjoy craft beers and pizza from Chestnut Hill Brewing Company in the lovely lit-up beer garden. The Fareway’s beer garden hosts Wednesday Night Trivia and Live Music on Friday.
- Enjoy a show at one of the area’s theatres: Quintessence Theater and Stagecrafters Theater stage classic, new, and original plays throughout the year. From family friendly productions to edgy-contemporary shows, Chestnut Hill offers live theater for every taste and budget.
- Visit the Hill during our Annual Events: Chestnut Hill offers multiple events in every season. Home & Garden Festival, Petapalooza, Movies Under the Stars, Pastorius Park Summer Concert Series, Fall for the Arts, Night of Lights, Halloween on the Hill, Circle of Trees Celebration, Holiday Parade, Chestnut Hill on Ice, Holiday House Tours, and more! Follow the Chestnut Hill Community Association and the Chestnut Hill Business Association for more information on these events and read the Chestnut Hill Local.
receive, as a benefit of membership, The Passport to the Chestnut Hill Experience.
Buy One Get One Free Ticket to Woodmere Art Museum, to Stagecrafters, and over 60 more coupons to Chestnut Hill area restaurants, stores, and business. Many are right on Germantown Ave. and easily walkable from one to another. Learn more about the Passport to the Chestnut Hill Experience and how to get your own here!
Whether you’re a resident or just visiting, Chestnut Hill has plenty of fun and exciting things to do. Get out and explore all that this special community has to offer!